Good news for all of you who love to cherish special things in life – even the health cover.
If you already knew about the HMO, the following write up should provide you a general insight on PPO health insurance. You may be one of the many people prefer to have a distinct health care option at own prudence. And PPO or preferred provider organization is just for you.
How? Well, your insurance company is networked with many health care doctors available. You select one on your own within the network and your health care physician shall file the claim with your PPO allowing you to pay just the difference between the bill and insurance amount payable.
You may consult any doctor of your choice on your own responsibility within the list of network when you opt for a ppo health insurance. Beware if you go for a physician out of the network, then you won’t get the insurance cover. Hence, it is wise for you to search the doctors/physicians that are in your network by getting the list of doctors and calling them up personally. You may find one browsing through the websites of your insurance company. You should keep this in mind that a prior referral is must from primary health care physician.
The PPO health plans: Before opting for ppo, it is very important to know what is covered within your ppo policy? As you enroll yourself for PPO plan of health insurance, you get access to ‘preferred providers’.
Being preferential type of health cover, though it comes with flexibility of choosing your physician, it may just cost you bit dearer. Why?
- You may have to pay a standard fee to your doctor to visit him. Again this is very plan oriented. Other activities may be covered too.
- Through the PPO health insurance, you may get 60 to 70 per cent reimbursement for an emergency visit to your chosen physician. The compensation may vary if you are hospitalized.
The advantages of PPO:
1. Most of the PPO premiums are monthly and though seem to be expensive fit your budget. They come with numerous deductibles allowing you to select from, the one that suits you best.
2. Preventive care that includes routine examination and physical exercises on annual basis.
3. You may coverage for hospital and emergency care
4. Outpatient surgery coverage is available too. Here you may receive treatment at a hospital in an emergency room but without getting hospitalized.
5. You can avail specialist care